Thursday, November 04, 2004

For Russell and other Americans that feel very disappointed today

In one of his recent posts, Russell writes:


Regardless, I just don't understand how so many people in the U.S. could vote for such an ignorant, cowardly, lying, close-minded, intolerant, wicked person. They voted for the worst in humanity: fear and war.

Well Russell, can't you see it? Your mind is working after hours, still trying to understand the other side.

The problem is precisely that most in the other side are not trying to understand you, or to understand the rest of the world, or anything else. Their minds don't work like this. They lack empathy.

I think I can express it better this way: Today I want to send you a big hug, and another for every other American that feels disappointed for the election outcome.

Keep going. The world needs you more than ever.

No comments:

Moving to MSDN

I haven't decided yet, but it is very likely that I will stop blogging here for some time. For some background, I have moved to the sate...