Friday, November 05, 2004

The Amazing Andrew Tanenbaum

I had no idea that the VoteMaster of Electoral Vote was Andrew Tanenbaum. I learned it yesterday via Tim Bray (one of my favorite bloggers lately).

Like many in this business, I have also learned a lot thanks to Tanenbaum's Computer Networks. Reading the content of Electoral Vote, I find myself enjoying once again his very personal style. This site is just proof of Tanenbaum's infinite curiosity.

Now that he has mastered RSS (thanks to Tim Bray), I hope to see him blogging soon. He is the kind of guy that needs to write his own engine in order to blog.

Speaking of the elections outcome and its effects on liberal techies, look at this little invitation:

Having dealt with political science, now computer science. If you are a senior majoring in computer science and are seriously thinking of leaving the country due to the election results, you might be interested in my international English-language masters program in parallel and distributed computer systems. If you are a faculty member in computer science, I would be very grateful if you would go to that Website and download and print the poster (a PDF file) and pin it to a bulletin board where potential students might see it and mention it in any classes you teach to CS seniors. Thank you.

Add a Ph.D. and you could get four full years offshore ;)

No comments:

Moving to MSDN

I haven't decided yet, but it is very likely that I will stop blogging here for some time. For some background, I have moved to the sate...