Saturday, April 24, 2004

Charlie Kindel's Blog: Technology Complexity

I found this guy thru Channel9. I think he is so right in this blog entry.

If it is a V1 product, build it for customers who will actually use it and will be able to help you learn. It would be a shame to enable a whiz-bang new scenario that geeks would get and love, but you've de-tuned it so much by focusing on Aunt Tillie that geeks find it unusable. Aunt Tillie won't buy it because she can't comprehend the concept and geeks won't use it because it's not flexible enough. In the end you won't learn anything (other than the lesson I'm describing here). And most importantly, you will not have moved the world forward.

No comments:

Moving to MSDN

I haven't decided yet, but it is very likely that I will stop blogging here for some time. For some background, I have moved to the sate...