Friday, November 14, 2003

John Montgomery was in BYTE magazine

BYTE was my second favorite magazine when I was a teenager. It was my first favorite until I found Computer Language during a trip to Buenos Aires. Now, when I see BYTE (in capital letters) I almost fall in tears. That is a name that after all those years still look so cool. Of course you can go to BYTE.com which is really good. I have just read John last entry in his blog, and I couldn't resist the temptation. Here is my comment:

John, I have been following your blog since that Longhorn technology naming thing and I was thrilled to learn you were part of the BYTE staff. I can remember your coworkers as you name them, even if I can only remember what Jon Udell and Martin Heller used to write about. I am curious about what was your work there. I wish I could find one of my "5 years of BYTE" CDs just to search for you.

About the BYTE name, I am amazed to see how intensely the name still lives in my mind. Looking at that capital letters sends me back to the day my mother first said that BYTE was really my holy bible.


By the way: somebody, i don't know who, still owes me a refund for the remaining issues of my BYTE magazine subscription.

No comments:

Moving to MSDN

I haven't decided yet, but it is very likely that I will stop blogging here for some time. For some background, I have moved to the sate...