Monday, March 01, 2004

Will Microsoft use Big Mac index to price its products in developing countries?

In here it says that this is in the plans. Having lived in developing countries all my life, I think it is great news and I am sure it makes A LOT of business sense for Microsoft.

I just wonder why did it take so much for them to do it. Now I hope this is only the beginning. There is a lot more Microsoft should do in the developing world. For instance the relative cost of new hardware here is huge, and all but the legacy Microsoft code is written with only a narrow spectrum of new hardware in mind. I need to find a draft blog entry I abandoned a long time ago...

No comments:

Moving to MSDN

I haven't decided yet, but it is very likely that I will stop blogging here for some time. For some background, I have moved to the sate...