Thursday, December 02, 2004

MSN Space temporarily unavailable

After a couple of hours, I still cannot reach my MSN Space.

Space not available
This space is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Hundreds have already posted to their spaces. I had the idea that I was going to be one of the first. After all, when I first reached the page the "New Spaces" panel was empty. Maybe that is the problem.

UPDATE: Now it is the morning, and seven hours later I still get the same error message all the time. Maybe something went wrong when I created the space. Any way to get somebody at MSN Spaces to clean things up?

Anyway, I agree completely with Scoble says. There are some limitations to Spaces that are big turn offs for advanced users. Actually, even Blogger is a lot more extensible. I would add two items to the list of big limitations:

  • No colaborative group blogs.
  • No multiple blogs for the same passport account (I am not really sure about this).

UPDATE 2: A few minutes later I filled the feedback form and a message to support-by-mail for Spaces. We will see what happens.

4 comments:

Diego said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hola. Che, a mi me pasa lo mismo, pero me sale ese mensaje cuando quiero cambiar los permisos de las personas que pueden ver el Espacio MSN. Es re raro..porque todo lo demas anda bien, puedo editar los albums y todo. Alguna solucion?

Diego said...

Julián,creo que te conviene pedir soporte. En el mismo site están los links para hacerlo. Para explicar brevemente, el problema que tuvieron fue que cuando iniciaron el servicio la rutina que creaba las páginas que iban en cada Space falló y algunas páginas no se crearon correctamente. A mi no se me creó la principal. Por lo que decís, es probable que a vos no se te haya creado una de las páginas de settings. Ellos ya corrieron algunas rutinas de chequeo para verificar que todo estuviera bien y aquellas páginas que no existían se crearon, pero puede ser que se les haya escapado algo. Si hacés como hice yo, que eliminé mi Space, probablemente tengas que esperar 60 días para volverlo a crear con el mismo nombre.

Anonymous said...

Si, yo tengo muchos problemas con "MSN Space is temporarily unavailable". Tengo una coneccion muy buena y rapida. No se porque siempre tengo problemas haciendo cambios de me espacio, como por ejemplo, adjuntar o borrar fotos de mis álbumes. Tambien MSN perdio un 'entry' largo de mi blog que hice anoche. Que pena!
Catalina spaces.msn.com/members/catalina90210/

Moving to MSDN

I haven't decided yet, but it is very likely that I will stop blogging here for some time. For some background, I have moved to the sate...