Thursday, July 29, 2004

IronPython to join the Microsoft family?

"IronPython is a fast Python implementation for .NET and Mono". I read about it for the first time a couple of months ago.

Today something unexpected happened. Not only IronPython alpha source and binaries have been made available under the Common Public License, but its author, Jim Hugunin has "decided" to join the Microsoft CLR team!

I can see, in my crystal ball, a brilliant future for dynamic languages on the CLR. Also, the future looks more cloudy for Java, since Hugunin is also the father of Jython (probably the most successful and most frequently mentioned example of a non-java language running on the JVM) and co-designer of AspectJ.

On a sad note, I realized some days ago that Smallscript site has been down for some time. Any news about David Simmons?


No comments:

Moving to MSDN

I haven't decided yet, but it is very likely that I will stop blogging here for some time. For some background, I have moved to the sate...