Aquarium Blog

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Broken Windows (Part 1)

Today at work, someone I respect much told me that I write very well (in Spanish) and that I am both inspiring and motivating to others. She also said that those were very rare features in a developer.

Seldom I have been aware of this. Actually I believe that the real underlying fact is that I cannot go to work every morning if I am bored of it and I don't feel at ease. I think I could not keep a boring job for a week, just for the money. So, when I am becoming bored, I have to do whatever it takes to make it fun again. People that see me, understand very quickly that I work for the fun, and that I love what I do. I don't know for sure, but when I see someone that seems to love what she or he does, it helps me keep my own fire alive.

During Tuesday afternoon, I talked on the phone with a very special group of people. Now I wish i could have a second chance to tell them:

See guys? Someone I work with thinks I am inspiring and motivating! John? Are you there? At least you have my blog address... :)

Well, the writing my office mate was referring to is an email I wrote to many developers in our organization about a rather basic topic that we needed to reinforce. I have been involved a lot in code quality initiatives lately. I need to translate the text in order to publish it, so please wait until my next post.

2 Comments:

  • Diego - thanks for the honesty. I truly believe we don't take enough time in this busy world to complement each other when it is warranted. I read an article this weekend (NY Times I think?) about people having an "overinflated" sense of themselves. I have never felt that way :-( but fascinating to think that's how everyone views themselves. Anyway thanks for visiting my blog and making me aware of yours.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

  • You probably heard already of the "Unskilled and Unaware of It" paper: http://gagne.homedns.org/~tgagne/contrib/unskilled.html.

    By Blogger Diego, at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home