Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ashamed

I got the call, I went there, but then I disappointed myself.

No matter if I was trying to create a recursive function that wouldn't suck as much as the usual f(n)=if(n<=2,1,f(n-1)+f(n-2)). I should have just written this in a couple of seconds as I did now! Or maybe the more correct f(n)=if(n<2,n,f(n-1)+f(n-2)) (that is still only correct for natural numbers, but doesn't check it of course).

But I was too much out of shape.

How can this have happened to me? It should have had some impact that as a kid I was fascinated by the Fibonacci Series, Tartaglia's (Pascal's) Triangle and the Golden Number. I even discovered (or reinvented) myself the Binet formula when I was a teen. What for then? Maybe I should have applied for my dream job 15 years earlier.

I have never felt so uneducated before. I should probably go back to the University and get a Master in Computer Science, if my brain can still take the challenge. I cannot forgive myself for getting stuck with something so simple as a recursive Fibonacci.

No comments:

Moving to MSDN

I haven't decided yet, but it is very likely that I will stop blogging here for some time. For some background, I have moved to the sate...