Sunday, April 18, 2004

Just thinking

I know some people that are afraid others will steal their ideas if they speak too loud in the open. For these people, ideas alone hold the secret to create and wipe up fortunes. Of course there are many actual examples of this happening (including some patent litigation cases).

I am not a believer on ideas by themselves. I think nobody should ever ignore the importance of other ingredients like self motivation, team work, and even pure luck. I know it because I have had some great ideas myself, but each time one or two of the other ingredients were absent. This is obviously one of the many reasons I am not still a millionaire at the age of 34 ;) (Not only that, but I sometimes struggle just to keep financial stability).

There is one businessman I have met in the last year and a half that seems to be completely the opposite. He seems to enjoy playing poker with his cards facing up. I guess he likes the challenge, and he must love the adrenaline, and god, he plays hard! I can say I respect him for this, but I couldn’t say I fully understand his reasons.

What is the point? I don’t know. Maybe this is part of my belief system review, and a way to find out what kind of fish I am in this sea.

LOL, now I see this could even be some kind of reflection on proprietary and open source software.

No comments:

Moving to MSDN

I haven't decided yet, but it is very likely that I will stop blogging here for some time. For some background, I have moved to the sate...